Sunday, December 18, 2005

One year of married life

It is one year today since Cláudia and I had our religious wedding ceremony, so I thought I would write a little about how it all came about.
I arrived in Valley of Blessing on the 30th of November at about 9:30am, put my bags into the room and went for a walk along the footpath in front of the building. Cláudia tells me that I was standing looking up at the sky when she past by on her way to church and said hello, but I don´t rememberas I was very tired from travelling for nearly 24 hours.
So there was an English guy called Peter staying in the Valley for a few months and he said to me in the evening I go Margo´s for coffee do you want to go so I said yes. Margo shared a small 2 bedroom flat with Geni and Cláudia and that is where I remember meeting her. In December as it was nearing Christmas she asked me what are you doing for Chrismas and I said I was staying in the Valley so she said that most people will be going home for Christmas and did I want to go to her Mum and Dad´s with her. A couple of days later on the 12th of December it was the school´s graduation and I went to it with Peter we were sitting at the back and about half way through I looked at Cláudia and a sudden thought hit me "I´m going to marry her."
So I went to her parent´s and with the help of a dictionary we were able to communicate a little, I came back to the Valley and she stayed for another week.
During the next month or so due to work etc I saw very litte of her, then in February I started to paint some of the school so I was seeing her every day we were still just friends but by the end of the month my feelings started to change, the Valley have a rule that you can´t date until you have been living there for 6 months so I wasn´t sure what to do but after about a month of thinking and praying I told her that I loved her and athough we couldn´t date what did she think so she said she would have to think about it, a couple of days later we had a chat and she said she felt the same, this was at the end of March. Easter was the 10th of April and on the 9th the school was having a short assembly for the pupils so I was helping Cláudia to paint some pictures she had drawn on card for the story she was going to tell. We were talking and the conversation came round to her going to a friends wedding at the beginning of July so I asked her "When would you prefer to get married November or December" she said she would think about it and the next day I asked her what she thought she said December because of the school holidays. So I said OK I will buy you a ring, so we bought a engagement ring, we told the leaders of the Valley about what we had decided and they met and then chatted with us and in the end they said OK but you can´t start dating until the six months is up. So on the 30th of May we went out and I proposed to Cláudia and put the ring on her finger, so we started dating and got engaged on the same day.
Then we had to make arrangment for the wedding etc and as my visa expired at the end of November we went to the Fereral Police and asked what we should do so we were told that the best thing would be to have our civil wedding 3 months before and apply for a permanent visa, in Brazil you have to be legally married by a Judge. So we had our civil wedding on the 1st of September then our religious wedding on the 18th of December and a Wedding blessing on the 1st on January.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always told you....

5:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

cool one...

9:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fast a years goes, here's to another one (and much more)

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home